Tuesday 6 December 2011

Christmas Pudding Nails!

Christmas is just around the corner and being as sad as I am, I've done some funky ass nails! They're lil' Christmas Puddings and I'm in love with them!
I've done them on false nails because I'm not allowed to wear nail varnish to work! BOO!
Tools needed: large and small dotting tool. (I cheat and use different size pins and toothpicks!)
                      you could also use rhinestones for the holly, optional.

Nail varnishes I used: OPI Alpin Snow, OPI Tease-y does it, Barry M 115, No7 Devil's Delight, the green is a franken I did myself :), Maybelline salon manicure top coat.

This little beaut should be the outcome :D sadly I've lost my camera charger so shuddy pics, sorry!



First off I did a white base coat using OPI Alpine Snow, then a coat of barry m, just to get a nice solid base colour.


Then, either 1 or 2 coats of OPI Tease-y does it. I think it's my Favourite ever nail polish! It's soo gorgeous! It's just so many colours in one! Brown, red, gold, purple.... just gorgeous!



Nice clean table eh? Once it's all dry, grab a large dotting tool and the white again, and make uneven dots all joined in a line, so it looks like drips! Then join it all up at the top. :) Simples



This really is the only tricky bit! Use a small dotting tool, toothpick, whatever to create three small red berrys top-centre of the nail. Then, the holly! I hated doing this bit! I cheated and used an old pair of tweezers! the slanted edge was the perfect shape for the holly leaves, I didn't want to do into too much detail with them because I would have ruined them probably!
Alternatively, you could used rhinestones which looks super cute too!


And then you're near enough done! I left mine for a day and then added a top coat, I didn't want to do all that work and then smudge it! Just make sure they're mega dry before you add yours!

Broken down into steps this look is really easy to do! Please give it and go and post your looks!

Hope every ones getting in the christmassy mood!

Love & Peace x

5 comments:

  1. The OPI Tease-y does it looks amazing! I'm envious of your patience, these looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I just don't understand how you nail artists paint so damn small!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Tease-y does it is by far my favourite nail polish! It's so so gorgeous!
    And I have no patience what so ever, seriously bad with patience! haha This look is super easy :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete