Sunday 30 June 2013

Haul Time! O.P.I, Collection 2000, Sleek, Benefit...

Hey Guys!

I've been spending plenty of time in Cambridge lately which has given me a great opportunity to go shopping! And my wonderful boyfriend has been making sure I'm keeping up to date with all the latest collections that have been coming out at Mac and Sleek etc!

(I live on the Isle of Wight. It's hard to get anything here!)

Here's some pics of some stuff I've picked up recently!


 
 
 
This pretty O.P.I Polish is called Blue My Mind and is from the original brights collection. It's a super metallic blue which makes it change between royal and navy in the light. I picked it up from John Lewis for £11.50




Ring Reinforcements! Oh yes, exciting stuff... haha I'm gonna use these to (hopefully) create some half moon nails! I've got 500 so I MIGHT just about get there... I'm not looking forward to the trial and error! I have very little patience...
These cost me £2.99 from Ryman.


I've started doing a lot more makeup looks lately and I really want to carry that on, and maybe do some more series'! So I need to stock up on some new lashes! Mine are getting a bit tired now. These little beauties look amazing! They don't look like uber fake lashes when wearing them, they add fullness and length to your lashes and are the perfect finishing touch to making your eye makeup looking flawless! Also from John Lewis and only £4!

This was the one I was most excited about! And for obvious reasons... OH MA GEERRRRD! It's so bright O_o You get a sugar rush just looking at it!
I see it and just think Candy Crush and that awesome game world Venelope was from in Wreck It Ralph!
I really can't wait to play around with this palette! I've always loved Sleek's palettes and they always seem to get better and better!
This is the 5 one in my collection!
The names are so super cute too! Reminds me of being a kid in a sweet shop!
Picked it up from Superdrug for £7.99








Such Pretty, Bright, Fun Colours!!!



























I went to stay with my boyfriend for the week and had to pack my makeup bag in a rush, and managed to forget my mascara! Brilliant! So I did some research and went out and bought a different one to my usual MAC Plush Lash. I saw some great reviews for Benefit's They're Real! Mascara and knowing my sister was a lover of it, I thought I'd give it a go. What the eff. I hate this mascara! It's soo clumpy! This isn't my like 'first impression' either, I've been using it for over a week and I just don't like it. It makes my top lashes look like hairy spiders legs! Just no. For me, It's too heavy so puts too much weight on my lashes and has the adverse effect on them. However it does make it pretty good for my lower lashes! They've never looked longer! Just a shame I can't use it properly. Definitely going to be sticking with my Mac Plush Lash, which is £16.50. Benefit's They're Real! is £19.50, I bought mine in Boots so I guess at least I got points!



A little random addition to this haul but a good one none the less! This little 6 well paint palette will work perfectly for mixing pigments ready for use or for mixing some lipsticks together to get your desired colour before application. I picked it up from Ryman's for 49p! Bargain!
















I seem to run out of primer quicker than anything! I've not found one that I've fallen in love with yet so I'm trying out a new release from Collection 2000. I use a lot of their eyeliners and they're so much better than I expected them to be so I want to see what their other stuff is like! So far I'm really impressed with this one! I think it cost me £8 from Boots but I'm not sure! There's some good deals on lately and I bought this along with my next product for buy one get one half price :)

It's summer... I've started to sweat 0_0 so I wanted to buy something that might help my makeup stay on a bit longer! I haven't had long enough to give this little beaut a go yet but I shall let you know how I get on! It's called a makeup Fixer so I'm going to see how well it works as a mixing medium as well. This also cost roughly £8 from Boots in their offer.


















Ok I was going to make this as all one post, but it was getting too long! So I'm gonna put up another post of all new pretties I've picked up from MAC recently! They've had some beautiful collections in lately!

Hope you guys like my post, If you want any more info or swatches of anything then let me know! I'll do a more in depth post on the sleek palette and hopefully have a look up using it soon!

x x

2 comments:

  1. I can not get enough of They're real mascara, it really does live up to the hype. I love the colours of that palette, but I know they wouldnt suit me, as I am so pale but with really dark eyes, so Im kind of limited to browns and purple at a push.
    Also thank you so your sweet blog comment- We went to Whinfell Center Parcs which is in the Lake District. I would defiantly recommend it for a short break :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you should definitely try out some teals and emerald greens! I'm sure they would look gorgeous on you! I loved how your eye makeup was doen for your graduation ball, very gorgeous!

      I'll try and do a look using greens and teals and will let you know when I do! I think they'd really suit you!

      (and i'll show my boyfriend those pictures and persuade him to take me!) x x

      Delete