Monday 24 February 2014

Summer Sunset Makeup Look

Hey guys!
I seem to be posting a lot of makeup looks at the moment, I hope you don't mind!
I have a few more product reviews coming later this week!
But for now, another look. This one was inspired by some gorgeous summer sunset images I've seen on holiday brochures (a girl can dream) and I instantly wanted to do a look, I hope you like it!
To prime my eyes I used ELF eye primer (costs £1.50 and it's amazing) and NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk.
Next I applied the bright coral shade from my P88 Palette from Born Pretty all over my eyelid.
In the crease and outer corner of my eye I went in with Meteoric (Sleek Celestial Palette) and Maple (Sleek UMV2)
To darken my crease I applied Villan and Highness (Sleek UMV2) with a stiff pencil brush.
To blend the colours together and soften the edges I used a baby pink shade from the P88 Palette. Finally I added Blanc Type by Mac to by brow bone and inner corner, and the eyeshadow is done.
After I took the pictures I did add Oyster from Sleek's Lagoon Palette and it looked gorgeous! For this look though, I wanted the attention to be on the eyeliner.
The eyeliner I used for my wing is Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 liquid liner, and then I went over the top half with Eldorado - such a sparkly gold.
Finally I used Stila Stingray to line my waterline, Max Factor Excess Mascara and my favourite lashes, Eylure #100's and the looks a good'un.
 
I loved this look and hated having to take it off! Although it's bright it was actually really wearable and is definitely going to be a look I will recreate for myself sometime :)
I hope you like this look, I would love to know your thoughts!
x

5 comments:

  1. beautiful colors!!! I love the inner lid shade, so vibrant and pretty!
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lucy! I know it's such a pretty shade!

      Delete
  2. I swear.to.god I've never seen such a GORGEOUS red eyeshadow look! I love it! The gold eyeliner was such a nice touch :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, red is such a hard colour to work with! I definitely found a way around it, none of the shades I used were actually red! They all just had a red hue to them :) Worked out so nicely, I love the gold liner - so pretty! x x

      Delete
  3. I love your looks and I found your blog while I was searching for some inspiration with sleek make up pallettes! What camera do you use for your photos? :)

    ReplyDelete